We have experience of providing dedicated support to evacuees and their families.
This service provides face-to-face assistance to individuals or groups who have been evacuated or displaced from their workplace. They may have been evacuated from an office or plant onshore or brought ashore from offshore operations for safety reasons, or taken to hospital for assessment/treatment.
Experience shows that companies operating offshore in UK waters have little control over where personnel will be taken to should they need to be evacuated ashore, particularly by HM Search and Rescue. The priorities for helicopter services in these circumstances are the clinical requirements of passengers, flight times/range, and the location of their base. This makes it very difficult to plan internal resource to support them.
The geographical spread and local capabilities of our teams has been developed over many years dealing with people being brought ashore to a wide range of locations at little notice. We believe we are uniquely qualified to provide help where companies cannot do it themselves within a suitable amount of time.
Once deployed, our Evacuee Responders perform duties that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Meet and assist personnel who have been taken to hospital for treatment
- Meet and assist personnel who have been evacuated from their workplace
- Establish a Reception Centre
- Register, brief and provide welfare assistance to evacuated personnel
- Provide onward transport to home, hospital (for minor injuries only), or a hotel
- Liaise with emergency and medical services as required
- Arrange for accommodation if required
- Provide welfare essentials – refreshments, clothing, toiletries, reading materials, etc.
- Meet and assist relatives visiting personnel
We can deliver all of these services 24/7/365, working in 8-hour shifts for as long as required.
Throughout the performance of these duties, we provide regular updates to the client on the status of individuals and discuss next actions.